The Art of Composting
Saturday, November 15, 2014
1:00 pm – 5 pm
@ Chicora Place Community Garden
3107 N Carolina Ave
North Charleston, SC
Come join us for this half day workshop on all things composting. We will look at the why, how, and what of composting, specifically looking at rapid hot composting, long term compost piles, and worm composting. Participants will get practical experience utilizing three different compost techniques applicable to all lifestyles and space. This workshop will use a combination of hands on demonstration as well as theory so that students will walk away with the understanding of how to implement composting in their lives.
- What is composting and why it is so important?
- What tools and materials you'll need
- Which items are compostable and which are not
What type of composting is most appropriate to your circumstances
- Thermophilic composting (rapid, hot)
- Static composting (long term)
- Vermiculture (worm composting)
- Troubleshooting and maintenance
- Harvesting and using your compost
- Natural Fertilizers and garden fertility
Join us as we make three great composts!
Please email Surplus.email@example.com for more information or registration
Cost: $ 25 Preregistration Register now!
$ 35 Pay day of (cash or check please)
“There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
Earth Care – People Care – Future Care